Swapsies

Monday 23 August 2010

Despite all the technology infiltrating my day-to-day life, there's nothing sweeter than curling up with a great book (especially on such a bleak rainy day as today!) So I wanted to share details of the lovely B, from a pretty place to play's upcoming book swap.

You have till 1 September to sign up. The idea is to:
  1. email B your details (name, address and a link to your blog) to aprettyplacetoplay@gmail.com
  2. you'll be matched up with another interested blogger
  3. you pick out a book you like from your collection and package it up with a letter about why you like it so much - remember to write your name on the first page so those in the future can look back on where it has come from!
  4. read and enjoy the book
  5. tell your swap-mate what you thought about it
  6. share the love and pass the book on to someone else
I just think that this is a such a clever way to get to know a new book that someone loves (I've discovered some of my most treasured reads through recommendations) - and a fellow blogger.

Visit B's blog for more info. And if you do sign up, I hope to be swapping books with you soon!

Image via weheartit

7 comments:

  1. thank you for the mention! it is really appreciated :) i really hope lots of people get involved!

    x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope so too! It really is such a good idea. Looks like you have quite a few people signed up already :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is brilliant! I'm signing up right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great idea!!! I haven't been reading enough lately :(

    On another note, I'm hosting my first ever giveaway -- hope you enter! xo
    http://helenhearts.blogspot.com/2010/08/mikasa-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. how clever! too bad i missed it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a lovely idea... Looking forward to seeing what you got :)

    ReplyDelete