My favourite chemist/drugstore makeup

Wednesday 18 May 2016

The contents of my makeup bag is constantly changing. I have products that I'm testing to see if they're good enough to go into the pro kit (I tend to test them for about a week) and a selection of drugstore products that deliver just as well as their higher end counterparts, but are much more affordable ;)

Here are my current favourites:




Collection Speedy Highlighter, £3.99
This gives the skin such a beautiful sheen. No chunky glitter just a gorgeous glow. I find the best way to apply it is with a stippling brush onto the tops of cheekbones and ideally follow with a cream blush (the Barry M Make Me Blush stick ones are a great affordable option).


Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation, £9.99
I just love this foundation. It really is on a par with its higher-end counterparts. It provides a medium coverage and a beautifully dewy finish. As my skin is on the oily side, I do have to powder every 3/4 hours or so just to make sure I don't go from glowy to oil slick, but with a finish and price point this good, it's definitely worth it.



Maybelline Super Stay 14 Hour Lipstick in Infinitely Fuchsia, £6.99
I heard of this via Lisa Eldridge's channel and she's right (when is she ever wrong?!) this is the perfect bright pink and has excellent staying power. You can dab it on for a stain or really go for it for a punch of colour. So great with a tan. I like to work it into my lips with a brush, blot, and then apply it from the bullet. It is not going to budge.



Max Factor Creme Puff blusher in Nude Mauve, £8.99
This is the perfect blush for a super natural colour. There is no way to overdo this. Perfect for when you're running out the door and need a bit of colour on your cheeks. And great with a bold lip/eye. It won't fight with the star of the show but it will stop you from looking too washed out.

Do you have any current favourites?

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!